Stitched up this snazzy Tablet case for Andy out of an old skirt and fabric scraps!
The case is padded with batting, lined inside, and all zipped up at the top.
I bought this lamp at a garage sale for $10 because I felt bad for it. Two yards, eight zippers, sixteen glue sticks, some paint, detailing, a new light kit, and lots of love later…. and it is a brand new bangin piece of lighting, that stands over four feet tall !!!!!
I started by taking it apart and stripping that awful orange paint that plagued the whole thing.
Then, I painted it glossy black and detailed gold into the ornate parts on the base.
Once that was done, I started to tackle the shade which in itself was huge undertaking. I started by tracing the outline of the panels and patterning out the pieces. Then I started gluing and sewing them in place around the shade and then finished the seams with some edgy looking zippers.
Andy helped too, (he’s a great assistant.) He talked me into starting the project, and also helped me strip some of the paint, rewire, and put it all back together.
I have some of the best sewing scraps around. Here’s something I whipped up to carry around my tablet – made from various fur scraps, coffin lining, and zippers
Cute purse I made for myself today! Deconstructed then Reconstructed. Zippers and Denim. Lined inside with black. Pocketed, Clasped, Strapped, and Patched with a 13 skull patch!